The Washington Association for Children & Families (WACF) is a growing association of large and small providers working toward a safer and improved future for the children, youth, and families in Washington State.
The mission of the Washington Association for Children and Families is to engage its member agencies in collaboration, communication, improved service delivery and mutual support among organizations. WACF works on behalf of agencies to support systemic improvement by advocating administratively and legislatively for organizations to operate efficiently, at the highest quality, and provide the most needed services possible to children, youth and families.
WACF accomplishes its mission by informing and engaging its members through trainings, creating a learning community amongst agencies and advocates on behalf of its member agencies to create system level change. WACF has an IRS federal tax exemption ruling as a 501(c)(4) entity.
Since 2012, WACF has been led by its members, volunteers who worked to advocate for WACF’s legislative and administrative policy priorities. In 2018, WACF hired its first Executive Director, Jill May, who is passionate and dedicated to carrying out the priorities of the members and the success of the organization. WACF is composed of three divisions:
- The Child Placing Agencies (CPA) Division is composed of private, community-based foster care agencies that recruit, license, train and support foster families. Child Placing Agencies work collaboratively with DCYF to ensure timely permanency.
- The Intensive Services Division is composed of agencies that provide Behavioral Rehabilitation Services, Crisis Residential Centers, HOPE beds, Regional Assessment Centers, therapeutic foster care and other services designed to serve children, youth, and their families with multidimensional and complex needs.
- The Family Preservation and Support Services (FPSS) Division is composed of agencies that provide in-home and community-based services to families, with the goal of stabilizing families to prevent children from entering more intensive services, including out-of-home care.
It is the policy and commitment of WACF that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, or religion.
Join us! We have three options for participation:
- Full voting Organizational Member: Agencies or entities that have DCYF child welfare serving contracts including in-home services, child placing agencies and behavioral rehabilitation services. (This excludes agencies who primarily serve early learning- see supporting organization).
- Non-voting Partnering Organization: Agencies or entities whose primary focus is legislative, administrative, and/or local advocacy on behalf of children and families.
- Non-Voting Supporting Organization: Agencies that support families involved with or at risk of involvement with the child welfare system, whose primary sources of funding are not through DCYF contracts.
Dues for full voting Organizational Members are on a sliding scale and are determined by:
Annual child welfare expenses (excluding pass-through payments to foster parents, if applicable)
Dues are recalculated annually.
Membership dues for Partnering Organizations are $400 per year and membership dues for Supporting Organizations are $350 per year regardless of agency annual child welfare expenses.
The Association year begins on July 1, and ends on June 30, of each year. Agencies joining the association later in the year will have dues prorated. Once your application has been approved you will receive an invoice.
WACF advocates for children and families on legislative issues in Washington State
Events of Interest
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
Feb 28th, 2020 at 8:00:am
- WACF Board of Directors Meeting
Mar 3rd, 2020 at 10:00:am
- WACF Child Placing Agencies (CPA) Division Meeting
Mar 5th, 2020 at 9:30:am
- WACF Intensive Services Division Meeting
Mar 5th, 2020 at 11:00:am
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
Mar 6th, 2020 at 8:00:am
- WACF Family Preservation & Support Services (FPSS) Division Meeting
Mar 12th, 2020 at 9:00:am
- Supporting LGBTQ+ Youth in Foster Care Workshop
Mar 14th, 2020 at 10:00:am
- WACF Member Association Meeting
Mar 24th, 2020 at 1:00:pm