The Mission of Washington Association for Children & Families
The mission of the Washington Association for Children and Families is to engage its member agencies in collaboration, communication, improved service delivery and mutual support among organizations. WACF works on behalf of agencies to support systemic improvement by advocating administratively and legislatively for organizations to operate efficiently, at the highest quality, and provide the most needed services possible to children, youth and families.
Association Values and Principles
- Children should be maintained in their families, communities and neighborhoods, maintaining cultural, tribal and natural supports whenever possible.
- The assessment of the needs of children and their families should be professional, thorough and completed at entry into services. Such assessments will always identify strengths as well as needs.
- Children and families should receive the services they need in a timely and appropriate fashion in the most appropriate settings.
- Members shall recognize and promote the value of serving children and families of diverse racial, ethnic, cultural and sexual orientation.
- Members shall value, respect, and support the continuum of services and the diversity of providers within the membership of the Washington Association for Children and Families.
- Members shall conduct their business within and outside of WACF ethically and honestly, and shall avoid or fully disclose any potential conflicts of interest.
Children should be maintained in their families, communities and neighborhoods
Events of Interest
- FPAWS Regional Foster Care Summit
Nov 2nd, 2019
- WACF Board of Directors Meeting
Nov 5th, 2019 at 10:00:am
- WACF Child Placing Agencies (CPA) Division Meeting
Nov 7th, 2019 at 9:30:am
- WACF Intensive Services Division Meeting
Nov 7th, 2019 at 11:00:am
- WACF Family Preservation & Support Services (FPSS) Division Meeting
Nov 7th, 2019 at 1:30:pm
- Youth Mental Health First Aid Class
Nov 8th, 2019 at 8:00:am
- Invitation to Aggression Replacement Training
Nov 9th, 2019 at 9:00:am
- WACF Member Association Meeting
Nov 19th, 2019 at 9:30:am