Youth Mental Health First Aid Class
Monday, October 14, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday, November 8, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Monday, December 2, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sand Point Learning Center
5801 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105
This 8-hour class is for the general public who regularly interact with adolescents 12 to 18. Youth Mental Health First Aid will improve your knowledge of mental health and substance use problems, and will teach you how to connect youth with care when needed.
Students will gain skills on how to help an adolescent in crisis or who is experiencing a mental health challenge. Similar to traditional first aid and CPR, mental health first aid is help provided to a person developing a mental health problem or experiencing a crisis before they can get professional treatment or the crisis resolves.
In this class, students will learn about:
- Common mental health challenges for youth
- Adolescent development
- How to help young people in both crisis and non-crisis situations
- Risk factors and warning signs of mental illness and addiction
- Substance use
- Disorders in which psychosis may occur
- Disruptive behavior disorders
- Eating disorders
- Available treatment options
For more information on this national, evidence-based training, visit the Youth Mental Health First Aid website.
Cost: $20 (includes class materials and lunch)
View Upcoming Classes and Register Online:
Events of Interest
- FPAWS Regional Foster Care Summit
Nov 2nd, 2019
- WACF Board of Directors Meeting
Nov 5th, 2019 at 10:00:am
- WACF Child Placing Agencies (CPA) Division Meeting
Nov 7th, 2019 at 9:30:am
- WACF Intensive Services Division Meeting
Nov 7th, 2019 at 11:00:am
- WACF Family Preservation & Support Services (FPSS) Division Meeting
Nov 7th, 2019 at 1:30:pm
- Youth Mental Health First Aid Class
Nov 8th, 2019 at 8:00:am
- Invitation to Aggression Replacement Training
Nov 9th, 2019 at 9:00:am
- WACF Member Association Meeting
Nov 19th, 2019 at 9:30:am